I've only heard rumors, have you seen or heard anything offical?
Is anyone else here as excited about the Social Distortion documentary that is in pre-production as I am? It
I've only heard rumors, have you seen or heard anything offical?
It can really turn out fantastic if the right people are in charge of putting it together with the right musicians to guest appear on it.... I can imagine Green Day, Rancid, Bruce, "The Boss" Brian Setzer, among many other mentioning how great and legendary Social D. has been over the past 30 years!
i'm excited about it, but the only thing that worries me is that since it is being produced by kung fu and by joe escalante, it might only focus on the punk aspects of the band and in my opinion there is a lot to them then just one genre... so i'm hoping that it is really well rounded
I know Mike Ness is the main man in social d, but i would hope the documentary is more of biography of social distortion the band and not of Mike Ness. I would hope how it shows how former members of the band came and went on to be in other bands. Also the present members, how they came from other bands, kinda show the social d "family tree". Maybe show how social distortion influenced not just music but kustom culture, tattoos, etc.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Those are my feelings as well.Originally posted by MikeAZ:
I know Mike Ness is the main man in social d, but i would hope the documentary is more of biography of social distortion the band and not of Mike Ness. I would hope how it shows how former members of the band came and went on to be in other bands. Also the present members, how they came from other bands, kinda show the social d "family tree". Maybe show how social distortion influenced not just music but kustom culture, tattoos, etc.
Monk is still around, he has a myspace, I don't recall the url but there's a social distortion video on you tube (I think from the practice in '83) that has a link to it in the comments section.
Thanks, Got him.. the next one who likes old cars [img]smile.gif[/img]
http://www.myspace.com/monkrock13thstoryrecords
If Chuck Biscuits isn't in it, I'm starting a riot.
or Eric Von "Jailhouse Blues" Herzen. If it weren't for him, there would be no Social D. It is as simple as that.
They might also include the judge who felt it more important that Ness make music than go to jail.
"Thanks judge."
Bookmarks